Ketogenic Diet Recipes: Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor bowl. Process until finely crumbled (like breadcrumbs). Place cauliflower in a large glass mixing bowl. Place a paper towel on top and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Remove cauliflower and dump into a kitchen towel. Ring out all of the liquid, and then place it back into the glass bowl.
- To the cauliflower, add the cheeses, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, pepper and eggs. Use a spatula to stir until well combined. Press dough onto the parchment paper in a thin, even layer. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until browned. Remove from the oven.
- Place topping onto the crust and smooth into an even layer. Place back in the oven and bake 7-8 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Serves 3 (4.8 gm carb/serving)
Ideas for toppings:
- 2 Tbsp. pesto sauce (1.2 gm carb)
- 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce (2 gm carb)
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni (0 gm carb)
- 1 cup crumbled cooked sausage (0-1 gm carb - read the label)
- 2 Tbsp. black olives (1 gm carb)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh banana peppers (Less than 0.5 gm carb)
- 1 cup arugula (0.65 gm carb)