Parathyroid Surgery References
The following references were consulted in the creation of the Parathyroid Surgery section.
1. Bergenfelz A, Lindblom P, Tibblin S, Westerdahl J. Unilateral versus bilateral neck exploration for primary hyperparathyroidism: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Ann Surg 2002; 236(5):543-51.
2. Carneiro DM, Solorzano CC, Irvin GL, 3rd. Recurrent disease after limited parathyroidectomy for sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism. J Am Coll Surg 2004; 199(6):849-53; discussion 853-5.
3. Chen H, Sokoll LJ, Udelsman R. Outpatient minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: a combination of sestamibi-SPECT localization, cervical block anesthesia, and intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay. Surgery 1999; 126(6):1016-21; discussion 1021-2.
4. Irvin GL, 3rd, Solorzano CC, Carneiro DM. Quick intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay: surgical adjunct to allow limited parathyroidectomy, improve success rate, and predict outcome. World J Surg 2004; 28(12):1287-92.
5. Olson J, Repplinger D, Bianco J, Chen H. Ex vivo radioactive counts and decay rates of tissues resected during radioguided parathyroidectomy. J Surg Res 2006; 136(2):187-91.
6. Barczynski M, Cichon S, Konturek A, Cichon W. Minimally invasive video-assisted parathyroidectomy versus open minimally invasive parathyroidectomy for a solitary parathyroid adenoma: a prospective, randomized, blinded trial. World J Surg 2006; 30(5):721-31.
7. Miccoli P, Berti P. Minimally invasive parathyroid surgery. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 15(2):139-47.
8. University of Wisconsin Health Facts for You