About the Center for Clinical Knowledge Management
The Center for Clinical Knowledge Management (CCKM) evaluates and organizes evidence to drive clinical decisions that promote efficiency, consistency, and quality throughout UW Health.
Email the CCKM at email@example.com with any questions.
- Developing clinical practice tools (guidelines, protocols, order sets, etc.) that promote evidence-based care across the continuum of health needs
- Standardizing clinical decision support tools to decrease unwarranted variation in care and improve safety
- Enabling the adoption of evidence-based practices and decision making
- Providing a single point of contact and substantive support for any UW Health committee, department or care team wishing to develop a clinical practice tool for managing the care of UW Health patients
- Beacon Protocols: Beacon protocols, treatment plans and supportive care plans are tools in Health Link that facilitate ordering of serial therapies, including chemotherapy and blood products with orders arranged by cycle and day.
- Best Practice Alerts (BPA): A type of clinical decision support tool in Health Link that provides the user with patient-specific treatment recommendations.
- Clinical Policies: Mandatory instructional writings that directly affect patient care and are subject to discipline if not followed.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Systematically-developed statements to assist practitioner and patient decision-making about appropriate health care for specific clinical circumstances.
- Delegation/Practice Protocols: Unalterable set of orders/steps that address a specified clinical problem. Delegation protocols allow physicians to delegate medical acts to non-ordering clinical staff. Practice protocols address consistent practice for specified clinical problems that do not involve delegation of medical acts.
- Inpatient Order Sets: Predefined combination of order choices for a specific diagnosis, patient population, condition or event that supports evidence based practice, quality, safety and outcomes reporting.
- Patient Assessment Tools: Validated questionnaires and scales used to screen for symptoms and disorders or evaluate the status of a patient.
- Preventive Health Care and Health Maintenance: A type of Health Link tool that emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention by tracking when patients are due for certain routine care, such as lab tests and immunizations.