UW Health's pain specialists in Madison, Wisconsin, design and implement special tests to help determine a diagnosis and treatment plan for patients in the pain management program.
Available diagnostic tests include:
- Radiology: Patients have access to the full array of imaging services offered by UW Health, including plain X-ray, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and others.
- Electrodiagnostics including:
- Electromyography (EMG) nerve conduction studies and neuromuscular junction testing can help diagnose and monitor many diseases of the nervous system and muscles
- Autonomic testing for patients with suspected dysfunctions of the autonomic nervous system, including:
- Tilt-table testing to evaluate control of blood pressure and pulse
- Sympathetic skin response testing to evaluate sympathetic nervous function in the limbs
- Image-guided diagnostic injections: Our skilled interventionists perform precise diagnostic injections of nerves, joints and spinal structures to help localize the causes of pain.