Urine and Urinary Tract Infections
The Antimicrobial Stewardship Team at UW Health in Madison, Wisconsin, has provided the following urine and urinary tract infection information.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in Adults (IDSA Guideline) Clin Infect Dis 2005;40-643-54
- Inappropriate treatment of catheter-associated asymptomatic bacteriuria in a tertiary care hospital Clin Infect Dis 2009; 48:1182-8
- Diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in adults: 2009 international clinical practice guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America Clin Infect Dis 2010; 50:625-663
- Complicated urinary tract infections: practical solutions for the treatment of multiresistant Gram-negative bacteria J Antimicrob Chemother 2010; 65 Suppl 3: iii25-33
- Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of acute cystitis and pyelonephritis - IDSA guidelines Clin Infect Dis 2011; 52:561-564
- Safdar N, Slattery R, Knasinski V, et al. Candiduria in Renal Transplant Recipients, CID, 2005