UW Health-SwedishAmerican Integration Guiding Principles
With the formal merger completed January 1, 2015, UW Health has officially welcomed Rockford, Ilinois-based SwedishAmerican into the UW Health family. The organizations' guiding principles for creation of a seamless regional health system are presented below.
- Honor what is good for the whole; respect the mission, vision and values of all entities.
- Value each partner, acknowledge complementary strengths, and seek to learn from each other.
- Partner to create a vibrant clinical enterprise and foster the academic and research missions.
- Bring UW Health services to a larger population.
- Consider the local market, maintain commitment to the community, and deliver care locally based on shared criteria.
- Promote the health of individuals through proactive, seamless, patient- and family-centered care.
- Promote the health of populations through evidence-based care, health education and community partnerships.
- Recognize that strong clinician-to-clinician relationships are the foundation for achieving quality and cost-effectiveness goals.
- Show respect for each employee as an individual and value all contributions.
- Promote financial health and efficiencies of scale.
- Leverage advanced, cost effective technology to improve care and bridge distance.