The Aquatic Center
The Aquatic Center at UW Health at The American Center offers the full range of swimming services, including classes that can help you improve your fitness, lap swimming and individual and group swimming lessons.
The Aquatic Center features two pools:
- A 25-yard, four-lane lap pool used for swim performance training, team activities and lap swimming. Schedule: September (pdf) | October (pdf)
- A 90-degree warm water pool for fitness classes and physical therapy. Schedule: September (pdf) | October (pdf)
Pool Passes allow independent use for one month (30 days) or one day of the Lap Pool and the Therapy Pool. Learn more about pool passes and purchase a pass online
Classes at the Aquatic Center
Use our online class registration tool to search for current classes. Hint: Use the Aquatics option in the Activities dropdown, and further filter your results by selecting The American Center from the Location carot.
- Aqua Core Training
- Aqua Exercise
- Arthritis Aqua Exercise
- Beginning Swimming
- Deep Water Interval Training
- Happy Hour - Saturday Morning Water Exercise
- Masters Swim
- Senior Aqua Exercise
- Warm Water Gentle Moves
- Water Aerobics
- Water Exercise in American Sign Language
- Yoga in the Pool
The Aquatic Center staff offers private swim lessons for individuals 8 years and older and groups. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced competitor, our experienced instructors can take you to the next level of swimming efficiency.
Please contact Katie Heiser or call (608) 440-6496 to set up a lesson.
Prices for Swim Lessons
|Number of Lessons||Individual||Group|
Swimming Performance Programs
The Aquatic Center helps competitive swimmers improve their strokes and their times. We work with high school and college swimmers, coaches and teams and use state-of-the-art equipment to hone your strokes, starts and turns.