Medical and Surgical Weight Management Patient Resources
- Getting Started in the UW Health Bariatric Surgery program
- Getting Ready for Bariatric Surgery
- 10 Things You Can Do Today to Begin Preparing for Weight Loss Surgery
- Medical and Surgical Weight Management Drop-In Class and Support Group
- Monthly seminars
- Watch our educational seminar online
- Subscribe to our Medical and Surgical Weight Management Newsletter
- Track what you're eating with our Food and Supplement Record (pdf)
- Focus on your drinking habits for four weeks and build new healthy habits with our Beverage Tracker (pdf)
The Internet resources below can assist in informing you about bariatric surgery and help you learn about the impact the decision to have bariatric surgery can have on your life.
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Weight Control Information Network (WIN)
- National Institutes of Health - MedlinePlus
- American Diabetes Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- North American Association for the Study of Obesity
- Bariatrics 4 Diabetes
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Obesity Help
- American Obesity Association
- Obesity Law and Advocacy Center
- Check your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Alexander, Cynthia. The Emotional First Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life after Bariatric Surgery (2nd Edition). Matrix Medical Communications, 2009.
- Cook, Colleen. The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients (3rd Edition). Bariatric Support Centers International, 2012.
- Engebretson, G. and Magnan, R. with forward by Dr. Michael Garren and Dr. Jon Gould. Fat No More: Long Term Success Following Weight Loss Surgery. G Notes LLC, 2008.
- Albers, Susan. 50 Ways To Soothe Yourself Without Food. New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 2012.
- Burns, David. Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy. Quill, 2012.
- Albers, Susan. But I Deserve This Chocolate: The 50 Most Common Diet-Derailing and How to Outwit Them. New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 2011.
- Koenig, Karen. The Rules of Normal Eating. Gurze Books, 2005.
- May, Michelle. Am I Hungry? What To Do When Diets Don’t Work. Nourish Publishing, 2005.