Swallowing disorders and conditions are treated by UW Health's highly-trained team of otolaryngology specialists.
The professionals at UW Health's Swallowing Clinic evaluate and treat adult and pediatric patients with concerns about their swallowing function. We perform comprehensive reviews, taking into consideration any medical, surgical, lifestyle, occupational and emotional factors related to your concern.
Using technology such as videofluoroscopy and relying upon our staff's expert clinical skills, we provide an effective and pleasant environment for consultation and rehabilitation.
Treatments and Services for Swallowing Disorders
Possible treatments and services include:
- Developing swallowing strategies
- Diet modification
- Swallowing exercises
- Evaluation and treatment of vocal cord dysfunction
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic coughs
- Diagnosis and treatment of swallowing problems
- Evaluation and treatment of problems associated with cleft lip/palate and craniofacial anomalies
- Diagnostic and treatment services for persons with communication problems associated with head and neck cancer
- Consultation for occupational voice and work-related voice disorders