Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Making sure patients are aware of their rights is important to the staff of UW Health. To help inform you, we have summarized these rights. Complete information is available from the department of Patient Relations
, room G7/210, (608) 263-8009.
Our goal is to provide you with both high quality and the safest possible care during your stay. Please do not hesitate to discuss any concerns regarding your medical care and treatment - or any aspect of your hospital stay - with your physicians and nurses.
If you feel your concerns are not adequately addressed, please contact the department of Patient Relations
at (608) 263-8009.
At UW Hospital and Clinics and American Family Children's Hospital, you or your authorized representative have the right to:
- Treatment without discrimination
- Respect, confidentiality and personal dignity
- Information you can understand
- Participation in decisions about your care
- Care that supports you and your family
- Access to your billing and medical records
- A method to file a complaint
In addition, please refer to our Policy on Patient Belongings and Valuables
. Because patients are responsible for all personal belongings, we provide detailed tips to make sure your valuables are safe within our building.