Seated Spine Twist
- Start in a seated position, feet flat on the floor. Roll your shoulders back and release them down. Sit tall, tucking your chin in slightly. Take a deep breath in, expanding your chest and back. Release the breath, staying tall through the length of your body. Draw your abdominal muscles in as if you are trying to zip a tight pair of pants.
- Turn slightly to the left, place your right hand on the outside of your left leg. Your left hand can rest on your left hip or on the back of the chair.
- Take a slightly deeper breath in, expanding your chest and back. As you release the breath, gently turn into the stretch a little more.
- Hold the stretch for 2 – 5 more breaths
- Slowly release, repeat the sequence to the other side. Take a breath or two in the start position before repeating to the right.
Sit tall, deep breath in and turn to your side, expanding your chest and back
Repeat in opposite direction