Meet a Radiation Therapist
Jody Wipperfurth is a radiation therapist with the UW Carbone Cancer Center. Meet Jody in words and pictures and learn what she does.
Radiation therapy (radiotherapy) is the use of high-energy rays to treat cancer in a specific site. Radiation therapy may be used alone. It may also be used with surgery and/or chemotherapy.
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy
- Image-guided Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Pulsed Reduced-dose Rate Radiation Therapy
- Quadramet (Samarium Sm-153 Lexidronam Injection)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Total Body Irradiation
- Whole Brain Radiation