Sassy Salmon with Black Bean Salsa
- 4 medium fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped or 1 can (4ounces) diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- seasoned salt such as Lawry's, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 limes cut into wedges
Directions for Salsa
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well. Set aside. Salsa can be prepared ahead of time. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Directions for Salmon
- Cut salmon into 6 individual pieces. Brush with oil. Lightly sprinkle both sides of each piece of salmon with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Grill: Heat charcoal grill and oil the grates. Grill salmon over medium heat until brown on both sides and cooked to desired doneness.
- Stove top: In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add salmon and cook over medium heat until brown on both sides of each piece and salmon is thoroughly cooked.
- Top with bean salsa and serve with fresh lime wedges on the side.
- If you'd like to serve with corn tortillas, lightly spray corn tortillas with olive oil spray and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 – 10 minutes or until crisp.
Total Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 788 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 38 g