Chunky Gazpacho Garden Soup
What a great way to combine your garden vegetables. Alter the recipe to fit the vegetables you have available.
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green or yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice or tomato vegetable juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 8 hours. It will thicken slightly from the vegetable pectin.
- Add additional Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste. Thin with additional tomato juice if desired. Serve cold.
Total fat: 5g
Saturated fat: g
Sodium: 53 mg