Broccoli Cabbage Crunch Salad
Two cruciferous vegetables are brought together with colorful pepper to tempt you with a super healthy salad. The dressing gives it an Asian flavor and the peanuts add a special crunch. Add chicken or salmon to make it an entrée salad.
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium red and green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti pasta, cut in 3 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Cut broccoli stems in thin julienne slices. Cut head of broccoli into small florets. Place in a large bowl. Add shredded cabbage, peppers, onion, peas, and pasta. Set aside.
- In a jar or small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Blend with a food processor or hand held blender. Pour over vegetables and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, top with peanuts.
Total fat: 6g
Saturated fat: 1g