All clinical research imaging performed at the UWCCC is reviewed by TIRWG during the protocol ‘start up’ phase and prior to submission to the UWCCC’s Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee. This review accomplishes the following objectives:
- Ensuring adequacy of imaging and analysis procedures
- Ensuring policies and regulatory requirements are followed as authorized by the UW Radiation Safety Committee
- Ensuring adequacy of resources required for implementation of research
- Ensuring an imaging quality assurance plan is in place
- Ability to track and monitor trends in clinical imaging research activities
Clinical Protocol Oversight
TIRWG is charged with the responsibility for tracking ongoing imaging clinical research for scientific progress, prioritization of resources and monitoring of protocol-related issues. Clinical protocol presentations and discussions are included in the TIRWG monthly meetings.