The Small Molecule Screening and Synthesis Facility (SMSSF) staff scientists provide fee-for-service medicinal chemistry, lead optimization, scale-up synthesis, synthetic chemistry, chemical purification and analytical chemistry for clients from UW, non-UW universities, biotech and pharma. PhD level chemists at SMSSF provide synthesis and purification of compounds that are unavailable commercially or that are needed for lead optimization or in larger amounts for pre-clinical animal studies. The chemists also provide compound purification and identification by analytical chemistry methods including HPLC, NMR and mass spectrometry. Available computational methods include molecular modeling of chemicals bound to protein targets of known structure.
Our medicinal chemistry services include:
- Custom organic synthesis and focused chemical libraries for drug discovery
- Scale-up synthesis for drug development in pre-clinical animal models
- Isolation/purification of natural products
- Analytical characterization/structure determination
- Compound sourcing and acquisition
- SAR library design
For information contact Dr. John Feltenberger.