Consulting on the planning and experimental design of studies
- Advice on appropriate experimental design,
- Problem definition and statistical methodology,
- Definition of study endpoints,
- Sample size requirements,
- Definition of data items required,
- Determination of randomization and stratification.
If necessary and for clinical and population-based studies:
- Selection of study subjects and appropriate control groups,
- Recruitment strategies,
- Availability of data from related studies,
- Design of case report forms.
Assisting in the conduct of studies
- Monitoring of studies,
- Data management or electronic transfer of data from other related studies,
- Development of systems for quality control, progress reports, and presentation of interim analyses.
Analyzing completed studies
- Determination of appropriate statistical methodology,
- Production of final study reports including graphs and tables or other summaries suitable for presentation and publication,
- Interpretation of statistical results, appropriate documentation and relevant literature.