Biospecimen Request without IRB approval
Follow these instructions if you are requesting biospecimen samples that require clinical information beyond tissue type and diagnosis, and IRB approval has NOT been obtained.
- Submit the Inventory Inquiry Form which will be sent to the TSB BioBank Facility Manager to ensure there are sufficient banked specimens available for the proposed project.
- The TSB BioBank Facility Manager will inform you if there are sufficient banked specimens available. If specimens are available, the TSB BioBank Facility Manager will request a copy of your protocol. The Disease Specific Advisory Sub-Committees and the TSB BioBank Faculty Leader will then review the protocol to assess the protocol's biological material request and review the prioritization of specimens.
- The TSB BioBank Facility Manager will inform the investigator of the committee's response within 2 weeks.
- If the research proposal is approved by the TSB BioBank, then PRMC and IRB approval will be required prior to sample distribution. Please see the UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) PRMC website for further information regarding PRMC Reviews.
- After PRMC approval is obtained, the research protocol should be submitted to the IRB (with the PRMC approval notice included in the submission). Contact the Health Sciences IRB Office (608-263-2362) with questions.
- After PRMC and IRB approval has been received, please submit the Formal Biospecimen Request Form and email a copy of the approved IRB protocol to the TSB Program Manager.
- Biospecimen disbursement will usually occur within two weeks of receiving the Formal Biospecimen Request and approved IRB protocol.