Biospecimen Request with IRB approval
Follow these instructions if you are requesting biospecimen samples that require clinical information beyond tissue type and diagnosis, and IRB approval has already been obtained.
- Submit the Inventory Inquiry Form which will be sent to the TSB BioBank Facility Manager to ensure there are sufficient banked specimens available for the proposed project.
- The TSB BioBank Facility Manager will inform you if there are sufficient banked specimens available. If specimens are available, the TSB BioBank Facility Manager will request a copy of your IRB approved protocol. The Disease Specific Advisory Sub-Committees and the TSB BioBank Faculty Leader then review the IRB approved protocol to assess the protocol's biological material request and review the prioritization of specimens.
- The TSB BioBank Facility Manager will inform the investigator of the committee's response within 2 weeks.
- Once notified, please submit the Formal Biospecimen Request Form.
- Biospecimen disbursement will usually occur within two weeks of receiving the Formal Biospecimen Request Form and approved IRB protocol.