The Survey Research Shared Resource (SRSR) was founded as a core service in July 1999. The mission of the service is to promote cancer research by providing the UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) investigators with high quality, efficient, and low-cost assistance in designing and implementing cancer-related surveys. Services are offered to UWCCC members at a subsidized rate.
iPads are now available for conducting fast and easy surveys. Read more.
The SRSR provides two main areas of services: Project Development and Data Collection.
Project Development services include:
- Consultation services in survey design, study design, sample selection, Institutional Review Board applications, and budget estimates
- Support and guidance regarding questionnaire design, instrument identification, mode of administration, technical assistance for web surveys, and design of reliability and validity sub-studies
- Pilot testing including focus groups
Data Collection services include:
- Subject identification and recruitment
- Sample frame generation
- Survey conduct including computer-assisted telephone interviews, mailed self-administered surveys, in-person interviews, and medical record abstraction
- Collection of biologic specimens
- Data processing services including editing and coding of surveys, data entry, scanning readable forms, and quality assurance
- Data management services including database development and documentation; data collection, tracking and storage; and customized tracking systems and progress reports
- Analytic dataset preparation
Learn more about the Survey Research Shared Resource's Scientific Accomplishments.
Funding received from the UWCCC Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) for published research, including the use of UWCCC Shared Resources to generate or analyze data, or conduct clinical trials, needs to reference the UWCCC. See Acknowledging UWCCC in Publications, Posters and Presentations.