The mission of the Cancer Prevention and Outcomes Data (C-POD) Shared Resource is to provide seamless and state-of-the-art cancer prevention data exchange, survey research consultation and data collection services. C-POD aims to foster new research projects and collaborations and maximize the impact of cancer research. We assist investigators in developing and executing high-quality research, grant applications and publications.
The C-POD serves as a “front door” to population and outcomes data for both cancer and non-cancer (at risk) populations.
Currently, the C-POD provides the following services:
Data collection, including:
- Surveys of clinical or community populations, via mail, telephone and internet, including iPads
- Focus groups or personal interviews
- Biological specimens
Data dissemination, including:
- Acquire, store and share data from local epidemiologic studies (with and without linked biosamples) and national surveillance data
- Navigate members to other cancer-related data resources on the campus
Project development, including:
- Providing advice regarding collecting data from surveys, focus groups and personal interviews of clinical or community populations
- Acquiring existing epidemiologic and population data
Any published research which receives funding from the UWCCC Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG), including the use of UWCCC Shared Resources to generate or analyze data or conduct clinical trials, must reference the UWCCC.
See Acknowledging UWCCC in Publications, Posters and Presentations.