The Cancer Population Outcomes Data Resource (C-POD) (formerly the Survey Research Shared Resource) was founded as a core service in July 1999.
C-POD's mission is to provide seamless and state-of-the-art cancer population data exchange, survey research consultation and data collection services. C-POD aims to foster new research projects and collaborations and maximize the impact of cancer research. We assist investigators in developing and executing high-quality research, grant applications and publications.
The C-POD serves as a "front door" to population and outcomes data for both cancer and non-cancer (at risk) populations.
Currently, the C-POD provides the following services:
Collect data and study materials, including:
- Surveys of clinical or community populations, via mail, telephone and internet, including iPads
- Focus groups or personal interviews
- Biological specimens
Acquire and disseminate data, including:
- Cancer registry data from UW Hospitals and Clinics or the Wisconsin Cancer Reporting System
- Electronic health record data
- Epidemiologic data and linked biosamples
- National surveillance data
Navigate members to other campus data resources
Coordinated and quality service, including:
- Working closely with other campus resources to facilitate coordinated, quality service
- Biostatistics, Informatics, the Translational Science BioCore, the Health Innovation Program, ICTR, and the Survey Center
Evaluate relevance of research studies to the UW cancer patient catchment (recruitment) area
Research project development, including:
- Providing advice regarding collecting data from surveys, focus groups and personal interviews of clinical or community populations
- Assisting with accessing data from the UW cancer registry
- Acquiring existing epidemiologic and population data
Any published research which receives funding from the UWCCC Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG), including the use of UWCCC Shared Resources to generate or analyze data or conduct clinical trials, must reference the UWCCC.
See Acknowledging UWCCC in Publications, Posters and Presentations.