The Office of Translational Research Services (OTRS) is a UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) research infrastructure that supports the advancement of pre-clinical, scientific discoveries, toward early human testing, by facilitating and coordinating campus-wide multi-investigator and interdisciplinary collaborative translational research.
The goal of the UWCCC OTRS is to guide UWCCC members in the translation of basic discoveries through pre-clinical research to clinical trials and towards practical application in public health.
- Coordination and preparation of multi-investigator grant applications
- Navigation of the translational process in the drug discovery continuum
- Link investigators with UWCCC Shared Resources, UW campus resources and national resources
- Coordination of the UWCCC Pilot Program
- Organize and manage research symposiums and retreats
- Organize and manage the annual UWCCC Research Retreat
- Assist investigators in the management of INDs
- Assist investigators in the facilitation, implementation and management of laboratory agreements
- Coordinate activities for the Translational Imaging Research Working Group (TIRWG)