UWCCC Request for Applications in Pancreas Cancer
The UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) is requesting applications in pancreas cancer. It is the goal of the UWCCC Pancreas Cancer Research Task Force and the Tim and Mary Ann McKenzie Chair of Surgical Oncology to support innovative and unique research into the etiology, prevention, detection, treatment and palliation of pancreas cancer.
- To support pancreatic adenocarcinoma pilot projects focused on basic science, translational, clinical or health services research.
- To foster research collaborations between basic, translational, clinical and/or health services researchers within the UWCCC with a joint interest in pancreas cancer.
- Pilot proposals may only have one Principal Investigator and he/she must be a UWCCC member. Co-investigators are allowed. Either the PI or one co-investigator must be a UWCCC member.
- The projects involving human subjects must be an investigator authored, clinical research trial that clearly meets all of the UWCCC Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC), IRB and UWCCC criteria for appropriate conduct of research.
- Funding can be requested for both unfunded and under-funded projects.
- While not an ineligibility criterion, to maximize broad use and distribution of UWCCC funds, members without current UWCCC pilot funding will be prioritized above members with current UWCCC pilot funding.
- Recipients of this award will report to the funding bodies every 6 months during the duration of the award.
|Letter of Intent||July 1, 2014|
|Application Due Date||September 15, 2014|
|Review Committee Meeting||October 2014|
|Award Announcement||October 2014|
Letter of Intent
Prospective applicants must submit a letter of intent that includes the following information:
- Descriptive title of proposed research
- Name and email address of PI and Co-Investigators
- Names of other key personnel
The LOI should be sent to Dona Alberti at email@example.com by July 1, 2014
Instructions for submitting the UWCCC Pilot Proposal
Applicants must submit electronically one single PDF file of all required sections to Dona Alberti at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight September 15, 2014
Completed application which includes:
- Title page
- Project proposal
- NIH-style (6/09 version) biosketch or equivalent for all investigators; no limit on publications; 4 page maximum
- Current, pending, and completed support
- Letters of collaboration if appropriate, but not required
- Publications in press—only include publications in press that are not available on
- Budgets must be less than or equal to $50,000.
- Proposed budget should use the NIH budget template
- UWCCC investigators submitting proposals in response to a UWCCC Pilot RFA for Clinical/Translation Pilot Projects, should adhere to the below fee schedule for protocol startup costs as applicable.
Please also include indications of any funding that is currently available or a summary of funding strategies that have been considered.
- Projects are expected to be completed in one year, but no-cost extensions can be requested
|Research group (e.g., DOWG) Administration||$2,500|
|Pharmaceutical Research Center|
|Year 1||$2,500 (uncomplicated), $5,000 (complicated)|
|Year 2 and beyond||$500|
|UWCCC Biostatistics||$2,500 (uncomplicated), $5,000 (complicated)|
|WI Oncology Network Administration|
|Year 2 and beyond||
|Year 2 and beyond||
|WON activation fee (per site)||
|IRB Initial Application Fee||
Waived (UWCCC funded pilots only)
The UWCCC Pancreas Cancer Pilot Review Committee will meet to review, discuss and prioritize submissions based on scientific merit and applicability to current goals.
The recommendations will be forwarded to the UWCCC Director and leadership for final approval.
Approval decisions will be impacted by:
- Review committee recommendations and scores
- Funding availability
- Current UWCCC pilot funding by the investigators
Approved applications will be announced in October, 2014.
Questions? Please call Dona Alberti at (608) 265-9770