UW Carbone Cancer Center Events from 2009
Each year, the UW Carbone Cancer Center hosts events to raise awareness and support for cancer research. We are also fortunate to work with a number of community groups who have dedicated their time and energy to raising funds for cancer research.
The following slideshow reflects just a few of the many events held throughout 2009 on behalf of the UW Carbone Cancer Center.
Featured Events from 2009
Among the events featured in the slideshow are:
- Andy North and Friends Golf Weekend, held at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Eighth annual Bowlin' for Colons, which raised more than $30,000 for colon cancer research thanks to more than 1,100 bowlers at four Madison-area bowling centers
- Bucket of Hope Junior Tour brought together teenage golfers to raise funds for melanoma research
- Dan Lester, a cancer patient, rode from Waupun to his appointment at the UW Carbone Cancer Center in Madison to help inspire patients
- The Drive for Hope golf tournament raised funds for lung cancer research
- Grand Aerie Fraternal Order-Wisconsin (Prairie du Chien Eagles) raised funds through an annual telethon to support the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Cindy's Scramble for a Cure at Evergreen Golf Club in Elkhorn, Wis. raised funds for breast cancer research
- Funk Out Cancer, organized by Phat Phunktion founding member Al Falaschi in memory of his wife Catherine Gates Falaschi, raised funds for the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Walk with Grace in Richland Center, Wis. raised funds through an annual walk/run to support pilot projects at the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Heads Up! Golf Tournament raised funds for head and neck cancer research
- Our Hope of Burlington charity walk donated proceeds to fund pilot projects at the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- More than 200 participants in the second annual Jodi Lou Run/Walk raised funds for lung cancer research
- A Knight with the General, organized by Forward Lymphoma, with featured guest former NCAA Coach Bob Knight raised funds for lymphoma research
- Sparkle of Hope raised funds for gynecologic cancer research at the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Thanks to the efforts of Clear Channel Communications, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra donated one dollar from every ticket sold to the UW Carbone Cancer Center
Even more exciting events are planned for 2010. View a list of all upcoming cancer events