Almond Sweet Bread
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one bread pan (5 x 9 inches) or several small bread pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, egg, almond extract, and milk. Beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add melted butter and beat until smooth. Pour into greased bread pan(s).
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes if using one large pan. Reduce time for smaller pans. Bake until lightly brown and set in the middle. Cool in pan before removing. The bread is very moist and will break if removed while it is still hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Fat, gm. 8
Protein, gm. 2
Carbs, gm. 30
Cholesterol, mg. 35
Fiber, gm. 0