UW Health Transplant Referrals
- Kidney transplant referrals (adult and pediatric): (608) 263-9531 | More about kidney transplant referral and comprehensive dialysis access placement
- Pancreas transplant referrals: (608) 263-9531 | More about pancreas transplant referral
- Liver transplant referrals (adult and pediatric): (608) 263-9531 | More about liver transplant referrals
- Heart transplant referrals: (608) 263-1690 | More about heart transplant referrals
- Lung transplant referrals: (608) 265-5658 | More about lung transplant referrals
- Islet cell transplant referrals: (608) 262-7159
Kidney Allocation System
The kidney allocation system, managed by UNOS, will be changed on December 4, 2014. The kidney allocation system is the process used to determine which patients get offered donated kidneys. This document outlines the new system - FAQ: Upcoming Changes to the Kidney Allocation System (pdf)
Transplant Program Education and Outreach
The UW Health Transplant Program provides referring provider education programs to provider groups, dialysis centers and professional organizations around the Midwest. The transplant team can provide an educational or outreach program topic of interest to you.
If you would like a program update meeting, CME Presentation, Grand Rounds, video conference or other shared learning opportunity, please contact Mandy McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 265-0275.
Liver Transplant Program App for Providers
Download our free liver transplant application for your smart phone or desktop. This app makes it easier for you to facilitate rapid consultation or expedite the transfer of patients with end-stage liver disease. Learn more