UW Health Pancreas Transplant App
Questions? Have feedback Interested in discussing the app features or other updates in pancreas transplantation?
(608) 265-0275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our quality outcomes, short wait times and transplant rate define why you should choose UW Health Pancreas Transplant for your patients
Our new app makes it easy for you to facilitate a referral for patients with insulin dependent diabetes who may benefit from pancreas transplant.
Pancreas transplant can delay or prevent secondary diabetes complications such as nephropathy, neuropathy, retinopathy, coronary artery disease and other vascular complications. Insulin-dependent diabetic patients who are in kidney failure are candidates for simultaneous pancreas/kidney transplant, or pancreas after kidney transplant. Those who are insulin-dependent diabetics and experience hypoglycemic unawareness may be pancreas transplant candidates.
Why choose the UW Health Pancreas Transplant Program?
- Patients listed at our program are more likely to get a pancreas transplant, compared to others in the region
- We have the shortest wait times in the Midwest
- Our excellent outcomes exceed the national average
- Experience matters! Our team performs more pancreas and simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplants than any program in the nation
See more data on our app! * Based on data at srtr.org published Jan. 5, 2017
Download the app to:
- Quickly facilitate an in-patient transfer or urgent pancreas transplant consultation
- Consult with pancreas transplant staff
- Arrange a non-urgent transplant or non-transplant pancreas referral
- Learn more about clinical trials
- Calculate your patient's BMI, Clarke Survey or Lability Index
- Review eligibility criteria for simultaneous pancreas/kidney transplant
- Understand selection criteria for allo and auto islet transplant
- Browse by specialty to find provider e-mails and phone numbers to immediately connect with our transplant surgeons, nephrologists, advanced practice providers and coordinators
To download the app:
- iOS: From your device, go to the Apple Store. Search "UW Pancreas" | Direct Link
- Android: From your device, go to the Play Store. Search "UW Pancreas" | Direct Link
- Desktop or BlackBerry: https://m.surgery.wisc.edu/pancreas