Liver Transplant Referrals
If you are interested in having an evaluation to determine if you are a potential transplant recipient, you, your physician, or any other caregiver may contact the program.
Referring providers who have questions about referring a patient who may be a potential liver transplant candidate can call (608) 263-9531 and ask to speak to one of the liver transplant coordinators, or learn more about the UW Health Liver Transplant app
for iOS and Android users.
Referring providers will be asked to provide the following information about the patient when calling to make a referral: name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, disease, primary doctor, insurance, and if the patient has received a transplant previously.
After the initial referral call, providers will be asked to forward the following patient records, if available:
- Current history and physical
- Summary letter of patient's medical condition
- Current Labs
- Abdominal CT scan report
- Liver biopsy report
- Cardiac tests including, ECG, Echo (tape), stress test
- Medication list
- Most recent discharge summaries
- Mammogram, pap and pelvic exam results for females
- Documentation of cancer diagnosis
- Colonoscopy report (if done within past three years)
- Advance directives or living will
- Chest X-ray report