The Thoracic Surgery specialists at UW Health in Madison, Wisconsin, offer comprehensive specialty care for patients with all types of diseases of the chest.
UW Health thoracic surgeons offer consultation and surgical management of a wide range of disorders and diseases involving the airway, lung, chest wall, pleura (inside lining of the chest wall), mediastinum, diaphragm, and foregut (esophagus and stomach).
Our specialists provide a complete range of services, from initial evaluation and management to highly-specialized consultation for rare and complex diseases and new surgical approaches, device, and technologies.
Leading-edge surgical treatment is offered for a wide range of diseases including:
- Advanced lung disease and lung cancer
- Benign (non-cancer) esophageal conditions
- Barrett's esophagus and esophageal cancer
- Myasthenia gravis
- Chest wall and diaphragm disorders
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)