UW Health Care Link
Learn More About
For information about Care Link, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Health is pleased to offer Care Link, a web-based system that allows primary care and referring physicians and designated clinical staff convenient access to documentation regarding the care patients receive at UW Health.
Patients who receive care at UW Hospital and Clinics, American Family Children's Hospital or UW Health outpatient clinics will have their health care records available for their primary care physicians' review.
How does Care Link work?
After establishing a Care Link account with a secure user name and password, referring physicians may access patient reports whenever one of their patients has an encounter at UW Health. Physicians may elect to receive an e-mail notification with a Care Link web address that contains all newly released information regarding patients' treatment, and log in at their convenience to access the information.
The Care Link Process
- Physician refers a patient to UW Health.
- The patient arrives at a UW Health facility and identifies physician as either the primary care or referring physician.
- Medical information is entered into the patient's electronic health record.
- Referring physician receives an e-mail notification when new patient information is available for review.
- Referring physician and/or designated clinical staff access Care Link to review patient information.
- Patient returns to referring physician for ongoing care.
What information is available?
Access to ambulatory and inpatient records is given to physicians designated by the patient.
What equipment is needed to access Care Link records?
Care Link requires no special software. All physicians need is an Internet connection. The application is available at no charge and can be accessed through a website that is user name- and password-protected.