Managing Performance Anxiety in Teen Athletes
For more information and to register, call (608) 890-6464.
Meet Our Sport Psychologist
UW Health sport psychologist Shilagh Mirgain, PhD, leads a two-week group that helps athletes learn mind-body skills to help manage anxiety during sporting events and learn what to do if anxiety is interfering with performance.
About the Group
Group session include:
- Stress management techniques to decrease anxious arousal
- Cognitive restructuring to let go of anxious thoughts
- Uncovering expectations and switching to a growth mindset
- Quickly recovering from mistakes to get back into the game
- Re-centering techniques to calm you and get back into the present
- Identifying actions, thoughts and behaviors that help you perform well
- Visualization to mentally rehearse your best performance
- Developing a training program to mentally and physically prepare for competition
- Dates: Mondays, July 13 and July 20, 2016
- Time: 9-10:30am
- Location: Research Park Clinic, 621 Science Drive, Madison
- Cost: Covered by many health insurance programs. Please call your insurance provider.
- Group Leader: Shilagh Mirgain, PhD
- Registration: For more information and to register, please contact Michele Johnson at (608) 890-6464 or email@example.com.