University of Wisconsin Sports Medicine Symposium
The University of Wisconsin Sports Medicine Symposium provides the latest information on the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of athletic-related medical conditions and musculoskeletal injuries.
Its content is based on comments from past participants as well as faculty and clinical staff's perception of current trends and issues in sports medicine. The conference will focus on practical and clinically relevant information for participants to use in their daily practice.
Who should attend?
Team physicians, primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, nurses, physician assistants, and other health professionals who provide care for athletic and active populations.
Upon completion of the symposium, participants will:
- Have improved skills in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of common sports and orthopedic injuries in active populations.
- Identify age-specific differential diagnoses for musculoskeletal injuries.
- Apply management and return-to-play guidelines for athletes who have sustained a concussion.
- Summarize current research on the evaluation of low back pain and return to sport following injury.
- Recognize appropriate radiological and surgical techniques for managing common injuries to the shoulder.
- Analyze means to evaluate, diagnose and treat common elbow, ankle and Achilles tendon disorders.
- Register online
- By Phone: Call (608) 262-1397.
- By Fax or Mail: Print out registration form from Sports Medicine Symposium Booklet (pdf) and fax to (608) 265-3163 or 1-800-741-7416, or mail to CME Specialist, The Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St., Madison, WI 53706.
- Times: 8:30am-5pm April 27, 7:30am-12:45pm April 28.
- Location: Madison Marriott West, 1313 John Q Hammons Dr., Middleton, WI 53562. Free parking is available.
- The conference fee is $395 for physicians and $295 for residents/fellows, athletic trainers, physical therapists and other allied health professionals. This fee does not include the optional Friday afternoon post-conference workshops (see information below). Enrollment is limited, so register early. The fee includes the cost of tuition for the main program, course syllabus, conference completion report, breaks, lunch on Thursday, continental breakfast on Friday and a non-refundable processing fee of $50. If you cancel your registration 72 hours prior to the conference, you will be refunded the conference fee minus the $50 non-refundable portion. No refunds will be made after that time. Prepayment is required. We cannot guarantee availability of on-site registration, so please register early.
- Friday Afternoon Workshops: Two optional workshops will be offered. The cost of these post-conference workshops is $60. Enrollment is limited, so register early to assure your place. Lunch is included on Friday for all optional post-conference workshop registrants. You must register for the symposium to be eligible to register for the Friday afternoon workshops.
- Madison Marriott West
- Special Rate: $127, plus tax.
- Reservations: Call (608) 831-2000 or 1-888-745-2032. Be sure to mention the seminar name and "Sports Medicine" to receive the special room rate. The special room rate will be available until March 28, 2017, or until the block of rooms is sold out, after which the rooms will be released to the public at the regular rate.
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA
* The maximum number of hours includes participation in optional post-conference workshops on Friday afternoon.