About UW Health Sports Medicine Multisport Club
UW Health Sports Medicine Multisport Club is a community of athletes with a common interest in endurance sports such as running, swimming, cycling, cross country skiing, triathlon, duathlon and aquathon.
The club is open to the public and welcomes all ages and ability levels.
Multisport Club Membership Benefits
- Social interaction: A club provides avenues for social interaction with others who share a common interest and can share valuable knowledge and experiences with fellow club members. It also provides a familiar and friendly presence at races and events, providing the confidence and support that comes with being part of a team.
- Group training sessions: Anyone who has trained for an event understands the value of group training. The benefits of group training sessions can include meeting potential training partners, learning new training techniques, and taking advantage of opportunities to challenge ourselves to keep up with a faster group or simply taking the loneliness out of those workouts.
- Educational opportunities: A primary goal of the club is to provide educational opportunities to our membership by bringing in experts to discuss relevant topics in the areas of nutrition, equipment and training.
- Contribution to the community: A primary mission of the club is to contribute time, energy and fundraising to our local community. This will include volunteering at races, rides and fundraisers and raising money through training and participation in various races.
- Information: Including event schedules, outside training or educational opportunities, general multisport news, features about fellow athletes and intra-club communications.
- Sponsorship discounts: Multisport training and competition can be a costly endeavor with clothing, gear, travel and event fees. Sponsorship discounts and buying as a group can help decrease the bottom line.
- Team training and racing gear: Membership includes a club t-shirt.