Tips for Picking the Right Activities
To help find safe and fun ways to be active:
- Ask yourself questions to discover your physical activity likes and dislikes.
- Pick an activity that you enjoy or think you might enjoy. You're more likely to keep doing something you like.
- Be sure you have the correct safety gear and good shoes for physical activity.
- Learn about fitness machines you may use (such as a treadmill or a stair-climber).
- Learn the proper way to do your activity. And be aware of safety concerns.
To find out how many calories you burn during various activities, use this Interactive Tool: How Many Calories Did You Burn?
Health Tools help you make wise health decisions or take action to improve your health.
Primary Medical Reviewer E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Specialist Medical Reviewer Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science
Current as ofJune 4, 2014
To learn more, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.