Thinking About Child SafetySkip to the navigation
As children grow and develop, the safety of the home needs to be continually checked. Accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in children younger than age 5. The following questions can help you determine how your child's skills can affect his or her safety in the home:1
- How quickly and how far can the child move?
- How far and how high can the child reach?
- What household objects attract the child's attention?
- What is the child learning to do today that he or she could not do before?
- What can I expect the child to do tomorrow that he or she does not do yet?
Primary Medical Reviewer Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
Specialist Medical Reviewer John Pope, MD - Pediatrics
Current as ofSeptember 9, 2014
Current as of: September 9, 2014
To learn more, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.