Additional UW Health News and CME Offerings
On the Airwaves Near You
As your partners and colleagues in caring for the health of Wisconsin and surrounding area residents, we are messaging about the tertiary and quaternary care services available at UW Health.
Midwestern Kids Feel Unsafe at School
In a finding that surprised the research team, more than 20 percent of fifth-graders say they sometimes or always feel unsafe at school. The study also found that more than 40 percent of children surveyed said they feel unsafe going to or from school.
The study surveyed 243 fifth-graders in two large Midwestern school districts as part of the Parent-Child Communication and Health Risk Behavior study.
2011 Continuing Medical Education Courses Available at UW Health
- April 7-8: UW Health Sports Medicine Symposium
- April 9-10: Ninth International Symposium on Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
- April 15: Advances in Transplantation
- April 28: Preventive Cardiology
- May 6: Childhood Allergic Diseases: Primary Care Update
- June 3-4: Second Annual Current Topics in General Surgery
Leave Us a Comment
Let us know what you think about this article or tell us what you'd like to see in future issues of Medical Directions.