Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 2 cups unsalted black beans, cooked or canned, and mashed
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins or craisins
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- Cayenne and black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly, using your hands. Form mixture into four patties and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, flip the burgers and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun with a slice of avocado or a dollop of guacamole. Add lettuce and sliced tomato, as desired.
Saturated fat: 1g