Spaghetti Squash with Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
Easy to prepare and delicious, it makes a healthy addition to any diet.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut squash in half length wise. Bake at 375° until tender. Alternatively, you may steam the squash if preferred.
- Once cooked, remove pulp with a fork leaving the squash in long strands.
- Dice tomatoes and garlic.
- In a sauce pan heat oil, add tomatoes and garlic reduce heat to medium. Add wine and water, let mixture simmer for 10 minutes add thinly sliced basil.
- You can either serve this chunky or puree in a blender for a smoother texture.
- Place squash in the center of serving dish a surround with the sauce.
Saturated fat: g