Chicken Kabob with Fresh Vegetables
Create an impressive colorful kabob with flavorful chicken and fresh vegetables.
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 medium red peppers, cut in chunks
- 4 fresh ears of corn on the cob, cut in 2" chunks
- butter spray
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Cut chicken into 2 inch chunks. Place in zip lock bag.
- In a small food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, garlic, and pepper. Process until smooth. Pour into bag with the chicken. Zip lock and toss to mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- To prepare the kabobs, alternate zucchini, peppers, corn chunks, and chicken pieces on 4 skewers. Lightly spray kabobs with butter spray. (Discard chicken marinade.)
- Heat grill to medium and grill kabobs. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Turn kabobs frequently to cook on all sides.
- When ready to serve, add a fresh cherry tomato on the end of each kabob.
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Sodium: 220 mg
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 37 g