Quick Italian Vegetable Soup
Print This Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can diced plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté garlic, onion, carrot and celery until onion is translucent and vegetables are tender, 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and Italian herb seasoning and cook 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and water. Adjust heat to a medium simmer and cook approximately 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cabbage; add salt and pepper and cook until tender, 5 minutes more.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Total fat: 2g
Saturated fat: 0g