Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
A delicious breakfast treat, these pumpkin muffins are the perfect start to a fall day.
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup of egg beaters
- 1/2 cup skim milk (can also use Almond Milk)
- 1.5 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- To add more flavor try adding 1 tablespoon of orange zest and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line 8 regular muffin tins with paper baking cups or lightly coat bottom of tin with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg, milk, and margarine. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the pumpkin mixture. Mix until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over-mix. Spoon batter into the 8 muffin cups. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the top of each muffin. Bake for 22 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing.
Number of servings per recipe: 8
Each muffin is just under 100 calories.