Pork Chop and Wine Bake
Print This Recipe
Pork Chop and Wine Bake (pdf)
- 4 center cut loin pork chops, well-trimmed, 5–6 ounces each
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
Preheat oven to 350° (can also be cooked in a crock pot).
Mix, salt, pepper and flour; then dredge pork chops in the mixture.
Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan, brown pork chops on both sides.
Place in a 9 x 9 baking dish or crock pot. Cover with sliced onion.
Combine thyme, rosemary, wine and broth or water; pour over pork chops.
Cover and bake at 350° for 1–11/2 hours, or until fork tender. If you are using a crock pot, cook on low for 7–9 hours or high for 4–5 hours.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving (one chop)
Fat: 7.25 gm
Saturated Fat: 1.5 gm
Carbohydrates: 7.5 gm
Sodium: 489 mg