No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Balls
No need to even turn on the oven. Combine most of the ingredients in a saucepan on the stove. Add oats, nuts, and coconut. Form into balls. They keep for a long time in the refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, butter, and milk. Bring to a boil while stirring. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir to mix. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. Form into small balls and place on a plate. Refrigerate until firm. Store in plastic bags in refrigerator.