Marinated Pork Chops with Raspberry Wine Sauce
This delicious dish is sure to please on Father's Day. Grill marinated pork chops and serve it with a unique wine sauce. The fresh raspberries add a special touch.
- 1-1/2 pounds thin cut pork loin chops
Marinade and Sauce
- 1 cup diet or regular cola
- 1 cup sugar-free raspberry or blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries for garnish, optional
- Place pork chops in a large zip-lock plastic bag. In a small bowl or jar, combine cola, jam, honey, and ginger. Mix well. Pour one-half of the mixture into bag with the pork. Add oil to the bag. Close bag and store in refrigerator for several hours or over night.
- Pour remaining cola mixture into small saucepan. Add 1/4 cup wine and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until mixture is reduce by about half or becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, heat grill to medium-hot. Spray grates with grill oil spray. Grill pork chops for about 5 minutes per side or until brown on the outside and just slightly pink in the inside. Note: It is best to grill the chops quickly over hot heat. Do not overcook to prevent tough dry chops.
- Re-warm sauce. Add extra wine, if necessary, to thin to desired consistency. Serve sauce with the meat. Garnish with fresh raspberries or blueberries.
Fat, gm. 16
Cholesterol, mg. 85
Carbs, gm. 16
Fiber, gm. 0
Protein, gm. 26