- One bunch of kale
- 1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper, or more, if desired
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse kale. Completely dry kale before continuing (a salad spinner works well). Remove stems from the kale leaves, tear in one-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix with kale pieces, using your hands. Spread kale on baking sheets, one layer thick. Sprinkle on pepper and salt, as desired.
- Bake about 10 minutes at 350 degrees, moving the kale around the sheet so it bakes evenly. It is done when it is crisp, but not browned, and has taken on a forest green color.
Total Fat: 2.8g
Saturated Fat: .4g