Grilled Beef Kebabs with Vegetables
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin or top round steak, cut into 1 ¼ inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 white button mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, rosemary and thyme. Place cubed beef in a resealable plastic bag set in a medium bowl and then pour marinade over beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain beef, discarding marinade.
- Alternately thread beef, onion, peppers, and mushrooms on eight skewers -- leave off tomatoes until end -- leaving ¼ inch spaces between pieces. Place kebabs on rack of uncovered grill on medium heat.
- Grill 12-14 minutes or until meat is cooked through, turning occasionally. Add cherry tomatoes to the end of each skewer and serve.
Saturated fat: g