Grilled Apricot Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons sugar free apricot preserves, divided
- 4 ripe but firm fresh apricots or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1, 4-5 ounce bag baby arugula (or other lettuce of choice)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with ground black pepper. Grill pork, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes. Brush pork with 2 tablespoons of preserves and continue grilling until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155-160 degrees F.
- Grill apricot (or nectarine) halves on the coolest part of the grill, turning occasionally, until tender and marked, about 4 minutes. Transfer pork and apricots to a clean cutting board and cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of preserves, vinegar, onion, oil, ground black paper (to taste) in a large bowl.
- Cut the grilled fruit into wedges and add to the dressing along with arugula (or other). Toss to coat. Thinly slice pork. Serve the salad with the sliced pork.
Saturated fat: g