Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
Print This Recipe
- 1 pound penne pasta, (whole wheat recommended) cooked as directed, drained and kept hot
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta, drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Combine oil and garlic in medium sauce pan over medium heat; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and milk and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve immediately.
Fat: 3 gm
Saturated Fat: 0.6 gm
Sodium: 136 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 gm
Fiber: 1 gm