Cornbread and Craisin Stuffing Recipe
A little sweet and little savory, and a healthier alternative to traditional accompaniments - Cornbread and Craisin Stuffing is fast and easy to make. It will quickly become a family favorite.
- 24 oz Cornbread (4-5 muffins, or about 1/2 or 3/4 a loaf of cornbread)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (also known as "Craisins")
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble or roughly chop cornbread into a large bowl. Make sure you get all of the crumbs too as they will help bind the dish.
- Next add your dried cranberries, red pepper flakes and sage. Add milk, enough to wet the ingredients.
- Set the bowl aside. In a separate bowl, beat two eggs and then pour over the bread mix. Add salt and pepper to the bread mix. Use your hands, and toss all of the bread ingredients to mix.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter and olive oil to melt. Next, pour in the bread mix and stir and heat the mix, but do not let it cook. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle a little more sage and red pepper flakes on the top and then bake for 20 minutes, or until golden on the top.
Total fat: 25 g
Saturated fat: 25 g
Cholesterol: 134 mg
Sodium: 317 mg
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 11 g